Monday, January 30, 2012

My Food Blog.

I'm taking photo's of what I eat.  Why?  To help me be accountable for what I'm eating and stick to my goals.

About 6 months ago my roller derby team had a weight loss competition - Team Tries Hard vs. Team *Diet System* (The name of the system slips my mind...)  I was on Team Tries hard, and in most people's eyes I won the weight loss competition by losing 45lbs, and so far I've managed to keep it off.  In this case I'm really glad I'm competitive since it gave me the motivation I needed to become healthier.  

During these 6 months I also ran my first 5k race (3.2 miles... something I never saw myself doing...) signed up for a half marathon, and a full marathon - the half marathon is next weekend, the full is at the end of March.  They're goals.  When I have goals, I seem to do better at losing the weight and continuing to work out. 

I've tried a few different things to lose this weight; exercising more, eating no carbs, eating paleo, counting calories... All seem to work well, but my favorite was just counting calories.  When I count calories if I want chocolate I can have it, just have to watch my portions.

Now the reason for my new food blog.  I'm struggling.  My marathon coaches told me that I *have* to eat more carbs, specifically the night and morning before I train for a long distance.  I told myself those would be my cheat meals.  Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, and a recovery meal after.  Sounded easy enough and I   would be burning off those calories anyways... I was wrong.

Anyone who has changed their diets knows what I mean when I say the first few days are always the hardest.  I crave carbs the first few days when I've stopped eating them, and with my new cheat days it feels like I'm having to restart every week... and I've been failing at that.  My cravings have been winning.  And this brings us back to the beginning of this post... the pictures of my food will hopefully help me be more accountable for what I'm eating and stick to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment